The existing Land Use Ordinance ("Ordinance") was adopted by Ordinance No. 348 in 1949. This Ordinance has been amended over 4,800 times in about 69 years; however, it has never been comprehensively updated.
The existing Ordinance includes sixty-four articles and 484 sections. The Ordinance provides land use planning and zoning regulations and related functions that implements the County's policy, such as the General Plan policy.