Notice of Intent for an Initial Study and Negative Declaration for Change of Zone No. 1900012
Change of Zone No. 1900012 is an amendment to the County’s Land Use Ordinance, Ordinance No. 348. The County is working on a number of amendments to the Land Use Ordinance (Ordinance No. 348) in order to bring it into compliance with state law and meet requirements established by the Eight Year Action Plan in the Housing Element of the General Plan. Proposals are also provided for new housing products as well as for some technical corrections.
The changes include:
- Technical corrections to the R-7, MU, R-3 and R-6 zones
- New provisions for employee housing
- New provisions for family day care homes
- Provisions for allowing residential density bonuses and other development incentives in return for providing affordable and special needs housing
- New provisions for supportive housing and transitional housing
- Provisions for allowing single room occupancy units in a residential building
- Provisions for allowing housing alternative products; specifically tiny homes and container housing
See "Draft" ordinance amendment by clicking HERE.
The comment period for the Notice of Intent is from November 16, 2020 to December 16, 2020.
Peter Hersh, Project Planner
Riverside County Planning Department
4080 Lemon St., 12th Floor
Riverside, CA 92501
Draft Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration Documents