The passage of Proposition 64 in November 2016 has made cannabis a common discussion topic. Parents and teens should inform themselves about new laws concerning cannabis. In particular, it remains illegal for anyone under 21 years of age to consume or possess cannabis except in limited cases in which a doctor has recommended the use of medical cannabis.
The amount of information on the internet can be overwhelming. As a starting point, below is a compiled short list of resources for parents and teens.
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know (PDF version)
- How to Talk About Marijuana
- Marijuana and Tobacco Use Fact Sheet
- Marijuana and Youth Safety
- Riverside County Behavior Health - SABT and Cannabis information
- Marijuana Facts for Teens (PDF version)
- Teen Drug Abuse Prevention
- California Department of Public Health, Cannabis Public Information Website